Get Ahead of Your Peers with EAE at NYP

The Early Admissions Exercise* (EAE) allows students to secure their polytechnic education even before sitting for their GCE �O� Level examinations. We speak to Jasmine Ow Shi Min from School of Health Sciences and How Kai-Wen Kevin from School of Information Technology about how they successfully got a head start to their future in Nanyang Polytechnic (NYP), and how it has benefited them.


Jasmine Ow Shi Min
Joined NYP via DPA
Diploma in Social Sciences (Social Work)
Alumna, Riverside Secondary School

A bright student with a go-getter attitude, Jasmine Ow Shi Min set her sights on the Diploma in Social Sciences (Social Work) at NYP. �I was confident that the school would value both academic and non-academic performances and development. I managed to secure a place in the course, right even before [sitting for my] �O� Levels!� And her decision paid off. �Compared to my peers, sitting for my �O� Level exams was not as stressful because I had secured a place in my dream course in NYP via DPA. Getting the NYP Scholarship further opened doors to many other opportunities and experiences that honed my interpersonal and communications skills.�

Throughout her course, Jasmine not only became an NYP scholarship recipient � she was groomed for leadership roles, and she also participated in enriching programmes and events that gave her valuable insights to her future line of work. �As a member of the Community Service Club, I had the opportunity to interact with different age groups which is important to [my job] in the future.� She added, �If you know which course you are passionate about, do not hesitate to apply through the EAE to secure a place!�



How Kai-Wen Kevin
Joined NYP via DPA
Diploma in Information Security
Alumnus, Bowen Secondary School

A trip to the NYP Open House was all it took for Kevin How to decide on enrolling in NYP�s Diploma in Information Security. �NYP is widely regarded to be the leading poly for IT studies,� Kevin shared, �I found the environment to be very conducive. The lecturers were really friendly and approachable. All these, coupled with my interest in IT security, made it an easy decision for me.� Thus he decided to score a spot in the course even before sitting for his �O� Level examinations via DPA.

During his three years in NYP, he became the Vice President of the ISACA Student Group and also actively participated in prestigious IT competitions. Kevin concluded, �I have made lots of friends with common interests in information security at NYP. In fact, I love my NYP experience so much that I joined a CCA that organises events to promote my course to secondary school students! The learning environment in NYP has made me an all-rounder in technical skills, project management and presentation skills.�

*With effect from 2016, EAE will replace the former Direct Polytechnic Admission (DPA) Exercise and the Joint Polytechnic Special Admissions Exercise (JPSAE).

Visit EAE Centre @ NYP and find out more about the 46 exciting courses offered! There are also talks offered daily, where you can get tips on how to write your 600-character summary, or learn more about the various scholarships available. No registration required, so come on down!

EAE Centre @ NYP
Venue: Nanyang Polytechnic, NYP Lounge, Blk A, Level 3
Dates & Time: 22-24, 27, 28 June: 2pm-5pm and 29 June: 2pm-4pm

Published in the June 2016 Issue of Teenage Magazine. Reproduced with Permission

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hidden Gems at NYP

10 Things Every NYP Freshman needs to know

Top 5 Ways to Ace Your EAE Application